Coronavirus and Masjid Opening Update
3rd July 2020
As Salaamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh
All praise belongs to Allah S.W.T. It gives us great pleasure to inform you that with the blessing of Allah, Seven Kings Muslim Educational Trust will In Shaa Allah be reopening its doors to the general public for congregational obligatory prayers (Fardh salah) from Monday 6th July 2020. (Further guidance in relation to Jumu’ah prayers will be circulated electronically and announced soon). For the initial period at Seven Kings Masjid, we have decided to only facilitate access to the masjid for the following prayers.
The masjid will be open to the general public 10 minutes prior to the prayer time and will be closed immediately thereafter. Sunnah and Nawaafil prayers are to be performed at home. Please note that the doors of the masjid will be locked immediately upon commencement of the Fardh prayer.
PLEASE SEE THE BELOW GUIDELINES THAT WE ASK ALL ATTENDEES TO FOLLOW
WHO CAN ATTEND?
Following Government guidelines, if you fall into any of the categories below, you are strongly advised not to enter the masjid.
- If you are aged 70 or over or under the age of 12
- If you have underlying chronic illnesses
- If you have a temperature (>37.5C), dry cough, or cold and flu like symptoms
- If you are frontline staff with increased exposure or shielding
- If you have underlying health conditions e.g. respiratory illness, severe illness, high blood pressure or diabetes
BEFORE YOU ATTEND, YOU MUST
- Perform ablution from home as toilet and ablution facilities will NOT be available
- Bring your own full-size prayer mat from home. Alternatively, you may buy a disposable prayer mat from us for £0.50
- Bring your own face mask. Alternatively, you may buy a 3 Ply face mask from us for £0.50
- Bring your own bag for your shoes
AT THE MASJID, WE KINDLY REQUEST YOU TO
- Maintain social distancing at all times
- Sanitise your hands upon entry and exit
- Respect that only a limited number of attendees will be permitted entry
- Refrain from gathering within or outside the masjid
- Follow and respect the guidance of the volunteers
- Familiarise yourself with the signs and posters around the masjid
- Avoid all physical contact
- Seek advice from a trained volunteer if you are unsure of anything
If you have any questions, please contact our Covid-19 Safety Officers:
Mufti Suhail Patel
Mob: 07543 763 013
Hafidh Mohammed Ibn Sadiq Kothia
Mob: 07943 675 234
Your co-operation will be greatly appreciated.
Seven Kings Masjid Management